Introductions

Where to begin. This year has been challenging in the sense that it has forced me to get to know myself again, to rediscover what my values are, where I stand regarding faith, social values and, generally, what I believe in. Even if this was the second time I was moving away from the place I called home, this change of address to Vancouver has allowed me to go back to my roots - to my spiritual roots.

Connecting with people that practice the same faith as I do has given a new meaning to my daily spiritual life because it has allowed me to share my experiences and my struggles with people who immediately understand the context and can sympathize. Sharing my time with these friends has allowed me to share a part of me with other people that I hadn't had the opportunity to share before - to show my true self to others without holding back what I feel, what I believe in and what I struggle with. And this is what really marked a difference in my spiritual path and made me pull back to God in a much deeper level - because I knew that I was blessed with others in my way towards Him, and that everything was going to be alright.


This feeling of deep connection with a group of people who I hadn't known a year before is what led me to start thinking on the idea of a blog; to give other young people like me the opportunity to know that there are others out there following the same path of faith, and who might be struggling with the same issues or marveling at the same topics. It would be a blog where you could post your inner thoughts or your biggest struggles; somewhere to share your deep love towards God with others. It would have the purpose of starting a dialogue; of joining all these little drops of faith in a place where others can drink it, share it or respond to it.


The goal of this blog is to unite the Vancouverite youth of today in times where it feels as the religion that you practice is outdated and impossible to follow. Let this be a tool for you to strengthen your relationship with Him or to simply find your way back to His presence.


Bless you all.


-María José Valverde

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“God desires you, even in your brokenness.”

Why I’m (still) a Christian